Used Tablet PC

Thread: Artist looking to purchase new Tablet PC

1. Default Artist looking to purchase new Tablet PC

I know you all have heard this so bear with me.

I am a artist looking for a tablet PC. I recently purchased a ModBook from Axiotron and after over 4 months of waiting With no ModBook in site I am looking at my other options.

I need to know if there are any other tablet PC options that would be compatible to my needs.I already own and use a Wacom Cintiq and love it,and need a on the go computer. I have read many reviews and all of them seem to be ether old or they never mention the screens pressure sensitivity.

Is there a tablet that has 512 levels of pressure?

They say if you download a new driver from Wacom that a 256 level tablet will become a 512. Is this true?

I have been looking at a HP EliteBook 2730p and the lenovo x200 are ether of these be a good match? If not are there others?

The price range I am looking in is the 2500 to 3000 dollar range.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

well I'd like to direct you over to a thread about the difference between the Cintiq and Tablet Pc on the RESULTS of thier pressure sensitivity

http://www.tabletpcbuzz.com/showthread.php?p=312319

*most* tablet pcs come in at 512 levels ... the 256 is on models older than 2004, as my m1400 made in '04 comes with 512 and it works great.

and personally, having settled with great satisfaction on the 4 year old M1400, I can only predict that you can't go wrong with ANY new models ... just make sure they use the Wacom tech, and not other tech.

There are even some people who have put touch sensitivity and the Wacom on a single tablet and switch out using a software setting.

I hope anyone else who has good info will pitch in their 2 cents for you as well.

Good luck
    and keep on asking as many questions as you have
    TedRx
    GoDawgs!

www.AdventuresOnTheHighFrontier.com
    (coming 2009)

3. Default

Thanks TedRx,

Why don't they advertise this stuff on the actual product sites? I have only found out about Wacom penabled brands through forums such as this one.

Am I the only artist out there who sees the merit in this?

I am incredibly thankful that you guys are out there actively finding this stuff out. I really see the tablet pc becoming a powerful art tool for many more people.

Are there any of these machines being pitched at artists outside the ModBook? They advertise that they are the only tablet with 512 levels of pressure.

REREAD the linked post/video by expert digital artist. The 512 levels is simply marketing hype in real-world tablet use.